Convert the binary number 10111010 into its hexadecimal equivalent. Select the correct answer from the list below.
Which of the following describe interframe spacing? (Choose two.)
- the minimum interval, measured in bit-times, that any station must wait before sending another frame
- the time allowed for slow stations to process a frame and prepare for the next frame
When a collision occurs in a network using CSMA/CD, how do hosts with data to transmit respond after the backoff period has expired?
- The hosts return to a listen-before-transmit mode.
After an Ethernet collision, when the backoff algorithm is invoked, which device has priority to transmit data?
- any device in the collision domain whose backoff timer expires first
Which of the following is a drawback of the CSMA/CD access method?
- Collisions can decrease network performance.
Refer to the exhibit. The switch and workstation are administratively configured for full-duplex operation. Which statement accurately reflects the operation of this link?
- No collisions will occur on this link.
Why do hosts on an Ethernet segment that experience a collision use a random delay before attempting to transmit a frame?
- A random delay helps prevent the stations from experiencing another collision during the transmission.
In the graphic, Host A has reached 50% completion in sending a 1 KB Ethernet frame to Host D when Host B wishes to transmit its own frame to Host C. What must Host B do?
- Host B must wait until it is certain that Host A has completed sending its frame.
Ethernet operates at which layers of the OSI model? (Choose two.)
- Physical layer
- Data-link layer
What does the IEEE 802.2 standard represent in Ethernet technologies?
- Logical Link Control sublayer
Which statements correctly describe MAC addresses? (Choose three.)
- copied into RAM during system startup
- contains a 3 byte OUI
- 6 bytes long
Refer to the exhibit. Host_A is attempting to contact Server_B. Which statements correctly describe the addressing Host_A will generate in the process? (Choose two.)
- A frame with the destination MAC address of Router_A.
- A packet with the destination IP of Server_B.
Host A has an IP address of 172.16.225.93, a mask of 255.255.248.0, and a default gateway of 172.16.224.1. Host A needs to send a packet to a new host whose IP is 172.16.231.78. Host A performs the ANDing operation on its address and subnet mask. What two things will occur? (Choose two.)
- Host A will broadcast an ARP request for the MAC of the host 172.16.231.78.
- Host A will change the destination IP of the packet to 172.16.224.1 and forward the packet.
Which two features make switches preferable to hubs in Ethernet-based networks? (Choose two.)
- minimizing of collisions
- increase in the throughput of communications
Ethernet operates at which layer of the TCP/IP network model?
- network access
What are three functions of the upper data link sublayer in the OSI model? (Choose three.)
- identifies the network layer protocol
- makes the connection with the upper layers
- insulates network layer protocols from changes in physical equipment
What three primary functions does data link layer encapsulation provide? (Choose three.)
- error detection
- frame delimiting
What are the two most commonly used media types in Ethernet networks today? (Choose two.)
- copper UTP
- optical fiber
Refer to the exhibit. Which option correctly identifies content that the frame data field may contain?
- network layer packet
What is the primary purpose of ARP?
- resolve IPv4 addresses to MAC addresses